Event #8 in the 2019 AAA Car Care North Carolina Triathlon Series
Swim (1500 Meters)
• The swim setting is right off of a postcard.
• The race begins with a beach start at the Pinehurst Marina.
• The course is a triangular shaped course in beautiful Lake Pinehurst .
• The water temperature is normally in the 70s making wetsuits legal.
* A water temperature will be posted on Thursday of race week.
• The bike course at Pinehurst is a challenging test – rewarding stronger cyclists.
• The course is a pure one loop design.
• There are no large hills on the course – but a constant series of moderate hills and rollers.
* The road surfaces are for the most part very smooth.
• The run course is tough.
• There are lots of small rolling type hills, but there are also plenty of flat sections.
• It’s a picturesque course – as the one-loop 6.2 mile course circles Lake Pinehurst on quiet residential streets.
• There’s lots of shade, as you run past beautiful homes, the lake, and parts of the Pinehurst golf courses.
* Aid stations will be located every mile (water & energy drink).
Submit your review